Monday, February 20, 2012

Musing Mondays (25) &It's Monday! (21)

 Hosted by Should Be Reading.
 This week’s musing is…
What is the last book that you learned something from? What book was it, and what did it teach you?

This year alone I've learned lots of things! Some things I knew, other things were buried deep down in my subconscious, all of them are important…lol. The following books have taught me that…


Blood Red Road – it's okay to accept help from other people when I'm faced with impossible tasks.
The Night Circus – I miss the Circus more than I imagined, and I'll always see joining one as a possible future career. 
Hourglass – time travel is so not a power I would like to get stuck with.
Scarlet – if I ever make it to be a "rich and famous" author, the first order of business would be to take knife throwing classes…for research purposes, of course.
Destiny's Fire – steampunk and Egyptian myths are a pretty cool mix, even if it doesn't sound like it.
Goddess Interrupted – when in a relationship I shouldn't push the other person so much, and maybe let them come at their own pace.
Everneath – giving up is so not worth it, because some things aren't as shitty as they seem, and an eternity in the tunnels would suck.
A Million Suns – sometimes I need to check myself to see if I'm acting like a child, because maybe I am and hadn't noticed.
Incarnate – reincarnation is a confusingly creepy topic for me, and that if I get a boyfriend who plays some kind of instrument he'll always have +100 bonus points for that alone.
The Peculiars – what I see as defects or shortcomings in myself others might see differently.
Chosen Ones – keeping quiet is not the way I want to live my life.
Anna and the French Kiss – I shouldn't be so hasty in reaching conclusions about other people, and that I should definitely visit Paris some day.
The Hunger Games – people are capable of anything when it comes to survival, that archery is never a lame sport, that the boy with the bread is too sweet for his own good, and that challenging "the man" has repercussions.



Hosted by Book Journey

Just Finished Reading:
The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
(Rocked my steampunk-fangirl-world)
Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
(Not what I expected, but thrilling all the same)
 Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
(*GASP* Is this me with a contemporary YA!? Holly crap! Yes, it is! And I loved it! Where do I sign for the Etienne Fan Club!?)

Currently Reading:

  Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

(read it once...not sure if I liked it much or not...oh well, its a class assignment so I have no say in it. I have to read it)

Planning To Read:

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
(got the oportunity to read chapter one and I was hooked!)
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
(gorgeous shinny cover, and I've heard wonderful things about a certain Tucker character that I want to check out for myself)
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
(Holy crap again! Is this me with another contemporary YA!? It feels like I'm indulging in something forbidden LOL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...