Thursday, September 1, 2011

Follow Friday (7)

Follow Friday is hosted By Parajunkee.com and Alisoncanread.com

This week question is: 
If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? And, why?

Tough question...I have to say that before I found out about this one ending I've never wanted to change an ending, as in I haven't really thought about it that way. I either like them or not and that's it. But if there's an ending I would kill to change is definitely the end to Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Series. That frigging ending not only shocked me, but angered me, and I'd change in a heartbeat. Spoiler alert here. Book after book I was drawn by the pure love between Jaenelle and Daemon Sadi, the struggles they had to pass through, their joy when they overcame the obstacles. Everything just magical and in the end...she dies...Jaenelle just dies...then counsels the love of her life to move on and have a baby with Surreal who has been their close friend all those years. Isn't she like linked to Daemon's family!? Isn't Daemon Titian's uncle?! and isn't Titian Surreal's mother!? WHAT THE... yeah. I haven't even finished the book yet. It's a collection of stories, which also disappointed me. Finishing the series with a collection of short stories and not a full novel. T___T I should've just read the core trilogy and leave it at that.

Edit: I'm in no way saying this series should not  be read! The first three novels: Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, and Queen of the Darkness rank among my top favorite novels ever. And if you read it as a trilogy and stop at that, the ending is truly beautiful. The other five novels are either back story, or short stories after the events in those three novels. And the final one, is the one I didn't like. So please! Don't say you wont give it a chance! At least try the core trilogy, I assure you if you do you won't be disappointed!


Be sure to check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...