Monday, September 12, 2011

Musing Mondays (6)

 Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Should Be Reading.
 This week’s musing is…
 
What is the one (or maybe two) qualities a book must have for you to pass it along to your best friend as a "must-read"? 
I think a basic quality is that a story needs to have a good prose first and foremost. I absolutely cannot read something with choppy, confusing, or overly done prose. It might have the most amazing character ever, and a great plot, but if the prose keeps kicking me out of the story-zone I get into, then I won't bother reading it. 
If the prose is good then what makes a book great for me would be the characters. A story needs to have interesting characters that I can connect to in some way, either by loving them, wishing to be them, admiring them, or even hating them. If I don't care about the character then I won't care about his/her story. So great characters are definitely a must!

Here's a small list of some books/series I've read this year that I would pass along :)

Shade Trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready
Be prepared to have your heart wrenched every which way, and loving it every single page of it. 

Everblue by Brenda Pandos
Best mermaid story since The Little Mermaid, seriously.

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Greek Mythology YA is my new obsession after reading this ;)

Vampire Academy Series and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead 
Why did I wait so long to read this I've no idea! And the spin-off is pretty awesome too!

The Demon Trapper Trilogy by Jana Oliver
Demons, Angels, Magic, stubborn characters in love that wont admit it, and the year is 2018!

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
The pure epicness of this series will only let me say...WOW.

Jane True Series by Nicole Peeler
I just had so much fun and so many laughs while reading this!


Please check out my Summer Favorites Giveaway! ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...