“I tore it open. The paper looked expensive, like yellowed parchment with unfinished edges. What, did they think I was going to save it in my scrapbook or something?
I had to read and reread my schedule a few times for the full and truly effed-upness of it all to sink in. Phenomena class? Decorum? Combat? Freaking fitness? It was one part Baroque atelier, one part YMCA."
~
"Add to that the fact that Lilac said some pretty weird shit in her sleep. Hearing your roommate murmur things like Burn, sunny, burn -- whatever that meant -- wasn't exactly sleep inducing."
I had to read and reread my schedule a few times for the full and truly effed-upness of it all to sink in. Phenomena class? Decorum? Combat? Freaking fitness? It was one part Baroque atelier, one part YMCA."
~
"Add to that the fact that Lilac said some pretty weird shit in her sleep. Hearing your roommate murmur things like Burn, sunny, burn -- whatever that meant -- wasn't exactly sleep inducing."

